Sunday, April 5, 2020

Masks and dinner

Day 24

On 4/2 the CDC recommended that anyone who needed to go out wear something to cover their face. One of the concerns in all of this was asymptomatic people passing the virus on to others without knowing it. The masks, or so they say, may help.

So I sewed each of us a mask (including the little boys) as well as a few extra for my parents. Andrew also asked for a few so I will work on some for him and mail them to the Cape next week.

Chris also went to the basement looking to see if we had any leftover N95 masks from when we did the drywall in the basement many years ago. He found 4 tucked away in a box.

Early afternoon my parents took a ride out to deliver dinner and pick up their masks. They stayed in the driveway and we kept our distance (well, at least most of us did, the social distancing thing still seems a bit foreign to my mother who thought nothing of trying to help one of the little boys out with his bike). It was odd to not invite them in.

If you had asked me 4 weeks ago if I'd be sewing masks and forbidding my parents from coming into our home, I would have thought you were crazy. But here we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment