Monday, April 20, 2020

Guilt of the store

Day 38

I went to the store today. I suppose you could say it was an essential trip as I did buy a few packages of pasta and a hose but I also bought some unnecessary items.

I actually felt guilty. Felt bad for the cashier having to expose herself to people shopping for frivolous things. Felt guilty thinking I could have potentially brought something into our house and exposing our kids for nothing more than a trip that could have waited.

I needed some normalcy. I needed to go out and see what was happening in the world at a place that wasn't the grocery store or the Target pick up line.

Strange to feel this way while doing something that was so normally 6 weeks ago.

The mental fight knowing we should stay home vs. the desire for normalcy is real. Oh so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment