Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wasted Time

Having something to do helps to pass the time but wasting time, even if it is doing something, annoys me.

Chris' birthday is on Thursday. He'll be the big 37. He wants a panini maker. Its the first idea he has given me in a long time for any holiday/birthday so I happily oblige.

I do my research online. I find out the local stores that carry the brand I want. Their websites list the brand and model. I head out on my mission because after all, I wait until 2 days before his birthday to start shopping.

Store 1....Right brand but only the "higher" model which is double the price and not as great reviews.

Store 2....Wrong brand but a few in the price range of the one I was looking for. Decide to keep looking as I want a good one....not one that works until just out of warranty.

Store 3....Nada.

I'm out of luck and out of time for the day. I decide that it would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks on shipping and just order it from Amazon.com. Placed the order at 3:30pm with overnight delivery (and a free trial of Amazon Prime).

7am the next day I get 2 shipping notices.

Yes, that is right. 2 notices.

I need one machine.

I only have one husband.

Call Amazon.com. They happily help. I decide I am not wasting my time waiting for FedEx to arrive so I post a note on the door and go on my day. They don't come while I'm gone. I'm about to step into the shower when I can hear the truck. Throw my clothes back on, run down, refuse 1 package, tell him to turn around on the lawn and go back to my shower.

Now, if I had ordered online in the first place I would have saved about 3 hours of shopping. If I had paid attention and checked the original receipt that was emailed I would have saved time calling and waiting for Fedex. Why can't I figure out a way to make better use out of my 6 hours of "free" time? That just annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment