Tuesday, September 1, 2009

me REALized

Today is a new day. A different day.

I lay in bed this morning, counting down the minutes until the alarm screeches me out of bed, and reality hit.

September 1st, 2009

The first day of school.

Our 13th Wedding Anniversary

A 10th Birthday

The first day of school. For all of them. ALL day for ALL of them.

I've been a mom for 4,537 days. A stay at home mom for four thousand, five hundred and thirty seven days. That is 108,888 hours. I can probably count on both hands the number of days in the last 12 1/2 years that I have been without my kids. What will I do for close to 35 hours a week without them?

I will REALize me.

I need an outlet, a place to look back, to put things into perspective, to rant, to rave, to cry, and to remember, to look to the future and to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment