Saturday, January 23, 2010

Progression of Life

As an adult I have never lost a friend.

I've never had to look a man in the eye that had just lost the love of his life.

I've never had to hold the hands of two little people who's world had been changed in ways they barely understood.

Until this month.

My friend died. I'd say she died of cancer but that would mean that the cancer won and it didn't. It didn't take her spirit, it didn't take the laughter, it didn't take hope, love, dreams or anything else that makes life. It didn't win because it didn't drag us apart. It instead brought us closer together.

The lessons she taught us, the lessons she taught her family, the 17 years she blessed this earth after cancer lost the first time are all miracles we will have forever. The two little people she helped bring into our lives will forever remind us of her, our love for her and the lessons she gave us.

Live....Laugh....Love.

God speed my friend....god speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment