Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where is God?

I was asked what my relationship with God was in a previous post. Its not a question I've been asked before. I'm finally putting my answer into words. To anyone that reads here: this is not a post to be debated. These are my personal beliefs and in no particular order.



I was raised Catholic.



I believe in God.



I am no longer a Catholic. This was an informed choice I made as an adult.



I don't have an opinion that one religion is better than another.



I pray. Every day.



I believe the ultimate destiny of an individual is set before they step foot on this earth regardless of how they believe they got here.

I don't rely on God to direct me every day because I feel his "answers" to my prayers and believe he has forseen my future and has already put me in that right direction.

I believe my god is open minded, accepts people for what and who they are.

I believe my god offers forgivness with no strings attached.

I do not feel the need to gather with a congregation.

I have never, and never will, believe that my beliefs are the "only way". That "my way" is the only way to heaven or that someone elses beliefs are any less than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment